Representing Homebuyers Relocating to KentuckIANA
Louisville Real Estate Lawyers with SIXTY years of Experience in Real Estate matters
If you are moving to Kentucky and purchasing a home or other property in the greater Louisville area, the established and respected law firm of The English Law Group, P.S.C. is available to help. We handle all residential real estate transactions in Jefferson, Oldham, Bullitt, Shelby, and Meade counties of Kentucky.
We understand the difficulties of preparing for a home purchase while you are still living in another state. As a family law firm, we are able to provide the personalized attention you need. Our attorneys and staff are accessible and glad to answer questions. We will guide you through the entire closing process to ensure a smooth transaction and protect your legal interests.
Quality legal counsel is especially important if the seller is acting as his own real estate agent. If you are purchasing a For Sale By Owner home, we conduct a careful examination of all contracts and documentation.
Full-Service Kentucky Real Estate Law
Robert English has practiced real estate law in Kentucky since 1965. He and his son, Mike English, and daughter, Colleen Balderson, are very informed about legal issues relating to the closing, title examination, title insurance, and potential obstacles that may prevent a smooth transaction.
We can advise you on obtaining financing in Kentucky, including Kentucky Housing Corporation, FHA, VA or conventional mortgage. We can also provide title insurance for our clients and their lenders. The English Law Group, P.S.C. offers security to homebuyers by anticipating and addressing potential problems. We can:
- Draft your purchase agreement, or review such a contract for any "red flag" issues. (Example: "Buyer is responsible for any repairs.")
- Thoroughly examine the title history and the property deed. Our job is to identify any liens (financial claims), property easements, or other encumbrance. We can issue an owners title insurance policy that protects you in case of a later dispute.
- Act as the escrow agent. We can hold down payments or deposits until the closing.
- Conduct your closing. In Kentucky, the buyer and seller meet to sign papers and transfer payment to complete the transaction. We review all loan documents and contracts at (or prior to) this meeting to ensure your rights are protected.
- If you are relocating and you or your spouse can’t attend closing, we can either prepare a power of attorney for someone to sign on your behalf, or email the documents to you so you can sign them at your convenience.
Knowledgeable and Friendly Service
If you are relocating to Kentucky, contact the Louisville real estate lawyers of The English Law Group, P.S.C. for a phone consultation. We will take care of all the details to minimize your need to travel to Kentucky before the closing.