Louisville Wills Preparation Lawyers

As people age, their estate plans should reflect those changes. If you have elderly parents, it is quite likely that their current estate plan was established 30, 40, even 50 years ago. It is also quite likely that many circumstances have changed over the years. Your parents' current estate plan should reflect their current circumstances.

Our Louisville wills and trusts lawyers can help if you believe your parents' will may be outdated. Call (502) 425-8717 or contact us online. We help people prepare wills that reflect their current circumstances, needs and goals.

We Prepare Wills That Reflect Current Legal Standards

As estate planning attorneys, we know that the wills, trusts and other directives that were established in the 60s, 70s, 80s or previous decades may no longer reflect your parents' current situations. For example, perhaps your father has passed away. Or, perhaps your parents are in a nursing home. Perhaps many grandchildren have been born, and it is in your parent's wishes to establish trusts for each grandchild. Whatever the specific situation your mother or father is in, we can bring their will up-to-date with the current estate planning and tax laws.

It is also possible that your parent's will was not drafted in Kentucky. If your parent has relocated to Kentucky from another state, we can make sure the will is in compliance with Kentucky state law.

You Can Be Part of the Conversation

At the English Law Group, P.S.C., we understand that your mom or dad might not feel comfortable working with a new attorney. Perhaps their old attorney has passed away. Perhaps they are resistant to change. We believe it is important for you, as the adult child, to be a part of this conversation and help your parent feel comfortable.

As we prepare wills, we also discuss relevant issues involving:

  • Medicaid planning: It may be necessary to transfer assets as part of a Medicaid spend-down process.

  • Advanced directives: These can include powers of attorney and advanced health care directives. If you have been appointed as power of attorney on your parent's behalf, you can seamlessly make decisions if they are unable.

Contact Our Wills and Trusts Lawyers

If you have questions about helping elderly parents prepare wills, do not hesitate to call our law firm locally at (502) 425-8717. You can also contact our estate planning law firm online. We offer an initial consultation, including home visits to discuss estate planning with those who can't come to us.